sacred embodiment is open in compliance with all recommended and required safety protocols from all applicable parties, including the CDC, WHO, CDPHE, DORA, and ABMP.
The close physical contact of massage poses a risk at this time. I am taking every possible precaution to help mitigate that risk, but it still exists. You must determine if this risk is appropriate for you. Please carefully consider the full extent of this risk for yourself and your loved ones before receiving a massage.
I am limiting my schedule to 3 clients per day with one hour between each client to thoroughly disinfect and ventilate the space. outside air is flowing into the space through the window unit at all times. I am wearing a mask and changing my apron in between each client. I am taking my own temperature every day before seeing clients. I am staying up to date on the latest research and maintaining on ongoing awareness of the situation in order to make the most responsible decisions possible for this business.
If you have an appointment on or after May 29, you will be receiving an email with the following information, as well as the appropriate forms. If you are considering making an appointment, I recommend reading through the following:
The CDC suggests that people with underlying conditions are at higher risk for developing serious infections. If any of the underlying conditions applies to you, I strongly recommend postponing your massage until a treatment or vaccine for COVID-19 becomes available and accessible.
65 years of age or older, Living in a nursing home or long-term care facility, Chronic lung disease, Moderate to severe asthma, Smoking, Heart conditions, Undergoing cancer treatment, Liver disease, Immune deficiencies, Severe obesity, Diabetes, Chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis, Bone marrow or organ transplant recipients, Prolonged use of corticosteroids.
If you do not have any underlying conditions, you may be in the estimated 80% of people who are able to weather the virus at home, without medical intervention. We are still unsure of the full extent of long-term health complications which may arise as a result of infection.
Each client will be considered an asymptomatic carrier, and I will treat myself as such also. This means that the following requirements must be followed in order to receive a treatment at sacred embodiment:
- Properly fitted masks will be worn at all times both by the client and the therapist. I will not be providing masks, so please remember to bring yours. A cloth mask is likely the most comfortable and breathable option for you. Double layer, high quality cotton is recommended. A pillowcase will be provided across the face cradle as a mask substitute in the face down position, to allow for greater ease of breathing, if needed.
Your mask must be worn over your nose and mouth, with a snug fit on all sides.
Please secure your mask to your face before entry. Bandanas will not be permitted. If you do not have a mask that conforms to this requirement, please reschedule your appointment when you are able to obtain one. This is the most important thing we can do to mitigate the risk of transmitting COVID-19 in a massage setting, where social distancing is not possible.
- Please print out all forms and fill them out ahead of time if you are able to do so, otherwise paper copies will be available when you arrive.
- Please be recently showered and wear clean clothes to your appointment.
- There is a sink inside of my massage space for you to wash your hands upon entry, and again before you leave.
- We will conduct the intake interview at a distance of 6 feet, and minimize talking while you are on the table.
- Please plan on making payments and tips through Venmo, and avoid using cash if possible.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Please take your temperature prior to your appointment if you can, and cancel your appointment if it is over 100°F.
- Please arrive on time, not early, to your appointment, as I will be thoroughly disinfecting the entire space between clients.
Revised Cancellation Policy
Cancellation fees are waived if you are feeling at all unwell, exhibiting any cold, flu or COVID related symptoms, or suspect that you have been in contact with someone who may be sick. please do not hesitate to cancel you appointment, and let me know as soon as possible at 912-856-6307.